Wednesday, January 28, 2009

new meds working great!!!

I've been put on Lyrica, which is the drug specifically for fibromyalgia.
Actually, I take the generic, gabapentin. Anyway, it's wonderful! Starting the first day it just made me a different person. I'm happy, more energetic, my house is very clean...as opposed to the mess it was a few days ago! I feel like a new me...actually I feel like the old me!
I'm still taking ambien, and norco, and paxil too. But the Lyrica is the best drug I've ever taken!
I have an ultrasound scheduled next week for the lump in my neck. I was supposed to go this morning but guess what? We got like 7 inches of snow!!!
We took the kids out and played in it for a few minutes. Aidan didn't know what the hell to think. He just kept walking around, and then he would fall face first and just lay there...not even trying to get up. It was weird. Of course we were right there to get him.
Soooooooooo, my doc has put me on a strict 1500 calorie diet. Today I have done well with just under 1300, but I can tell you it is hard!!! But I know the ends justify the means, so I'm optimistic and ready to go!
Suppose that is all for now. I love you, my faithful readers!!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so glad you found some meds that are working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a little comment -- if the drug name you're taking is really gabapentin, the brand name is not Lyrica but NEURONTIN. I'm not trying to be rude, just don't want you to get messed up when telling a doc what meds you're taking, etc.

    There's no generic for Lyrica yet. Glad the Neurontin is working for you.

    ReplyDelete