Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Doctor

Hello and welcome to 2009! This year will be a good one, I can feel it! Go Obama!
Anyway, I don't know how many of you know that I have fibromyalgia, and have been trying out different docs for the last couple of years trying to get one that sits well with me. Well, yesterday I saw a new one and it went well! He's a pirate!! Okay, not really. But he does have a hook hand...thank God he's not an OBGYN!!! Ouchie! Well, he was really nice. He sat down and looked at my paperwork for awhile and then just closed the folder and was like "okay, so what's up?" I started giving him my story and he kinda cut me off and asked if I had a more recent pic of myself (he was looking at my license). I said no. Then he goes "how much weight have you gained in the last four years?".. okay that made me bawl like a baby and I wasn't sure where he was going with it, but I told him. Then he was talking to me about fibro and it being an "umbrella" disease for those who don't feel like doing the research to find out what is really wrong. Then he said he could tell me after 5 minutes of talking and examining my back what was wrong...and I really think he hit it on the head. He said that my spine is straight where it should be curved, because of the weight of my enormous ta-tas...okay not in those words but you get the gist of it. I developed really early, and because of the extra weight up front my spine didn't develop right and so that's why I have so much pain. It makes sense folks, it really does. I got too much boobage. So anyway, he gave me some Norco to take for the pain, some Ambien to help me sleep, and Paxil for depression. And as for the mysterious lump in my neck, he is going to schedule an ultrasound for that. I left feeling good. He actually talked to me, honestly for like a half an hour....those other people waiting must've hated me! He was a cool doc, he made me feel better, although he was a bit flirty....but maybe he was just trying to make me feel better after making me cry, who knows.
Anyway, feeling positive today. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! So glad you found a doctor that will listen to you.

    ReplyDelete