Monday, December 29, 2008

Don't take SOMA- ever!



Wow, okay so here's a story for you...I found a lump on my neck several months ago, and I've gotten two different "diagnoses", one was a muscle that is knotted, and one is a swollen lymph node that may require further testing. In the hopes that it is the former, just a muscle, I was given these muscle relaxers called Soma. I took one for the first time on Friday and fell asleep, no problem. Then came Saturday. Now, I'm supposed to take these 3 times a day, so I took one in the afternoon and told Donnie I was going to go downstairs to lay down because they make me sleepy. I kinda of remember having a dream about bugs crawling on my hand, and then the next thing I know I'm standing in the garage literally BASHING my wrist with the heavy side of a wrench. Seriously. Over and over. I screamed and ran upstairs, looking at my swollen and possibly broken wrist and calling for Donnie. He rushed me to Urgent Care where x-rays revealed it is just a really bad sprain. So now I'm wearing a brace for a few days and my wrist is swollen and turning all sorts of purdy colors. Crazy, right? All because of some muscle relaxer, which is not something new for me to be taking. Because of my fibromyalgia I take them often, just not that particular one. So anyway, yeah, don't take Soma if you're ever offered any!
Today I went to the mall and got the most amazing, beautiful shoes I've ever seen. I saw them and instantly fell in love. They're purple and black plaid pumps. I looked at them, went across the way to another store and bought an outfit to match, and then returned for my prized heels. I'm wearing them now, with my pj's! I think I may sleep in them. They're beautiful.
That is literally about the extent of my life these last few days. Christmas went as expected, the kids opened their presents way too fast and made a big mess, and already they're getting bored of them. But it was wonderful also, I took tons of pics!
How were your Christmases?

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!!

    Hope the lump turns out to be nothing. We had a good Christmas here and ready for the new year!

    ReplyDelete