Thursday, October 23, 2008

Homeschooling?



Today Donnie and I asked our daughter to count to ten and it didn't go so well. She got to six and then jumped to like 15 or something. I know she's smart, but am afraid she's a bit behind in some things. So before she starts kindergarten next year I want to prepare her a bit. I'm thinking of homeschooling her for an hour or so each weekday. I always wanted to be a teacher!
On to other matters-
last night I gave the kiddies a bath, and as usual Aidan peed the minute he hit the water. Rather than drain it out, I told Sophie that the soap in the water would clean the pee out...was that wrong? It was just a little trickle...anyway, even in the tub they both still looked dirty. It's become the color of their skin- dirt. dirt and crud. and grime. and whatever other words describe crusty kids. But they are darn cute!
I laid Aidan down for a nap earlier and about a half hour later I heard him crying...but not a normal cry. Like a scared, freaked out cry. So, being the concerned mother that I am, I ran to his room and found him somehow caught under a blanket! So I did what any mom would do, ran to get the camera. Don't worry, I didn't leave him under there. I just snapped a couple real quick!

7 comments:

  1. Hello! Wanted to poke my head in and check out your blog since you're pimpin it anyway. :D

    I have a blog as well but I'm not sure if it's public or not. Hmmm... off to check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute children! That's so funny with you son under the blanket! (glad he's ok..hehe)

    byHisgrace

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little girl just misses the cutoff date for kindergarten next fall - by one month... I'm glad, though, b/c I really don't think she'd be ready. Please keep us updated on your teaching stuff, though, I need to be doing that too and haven't the slightest idea where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah the joys of being a stay at home. I was home alone with both of mine for about a 2 years on and off. I wasn't a hand on mom by any means, hell Channel 9 was their best friend. I guess being in day care for a the other 3 years did help them learn things. You can find on the internet the things that she will need to know before she tests for Kindergarden in March. She catch on though. If you need some help on some good ideas I have a few cause my friend taught her daughter and she was more than prepared for kindergarden. Good luck and don't worry about the bathtub thing. pretty sure Cassidy peed in the water a few times :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, those are some cute kids.

    Hey, I'm under my "Anonymous" name and I'm too lazy to go change it and come back. I'm one of your shameless sisters and I love that Bill Murray movie. Shhh...don't tell who I am. I need to maintain my secret identity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehhehehe, cute, truly cute and funny. what else could you do apart for running to fetch a camera? isn't that what we all do? :p
    abril

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read about a kidney detox where you sit in a bathtub all day eating watermelon and peeing in the water. Never tried it, but you can imagine that you are helping your kid's kidneys. :)

    ReplyDelete