Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My very own Blog!

Well, I suppose if this is going to be a successful blog you, the reader, will have to have an emotional attachment to me and my family...and in order for that to happen I have to convince you that I am awesome and amazing...so here is a little bio about me.
My name is Amie and I'm a 27 yr old mother of two. My daughter is 4 and my son is 14 months. My days are spent chasing them, and the dog, around the house and picking up the things they throw around. For instance, the baby likes to throw everything he can get his hands on in the trash can. So I just dug a couple of sissy's socks out of there. I'm also a cook, a referee, a nanny, a maid, a counselor, a chauffeur, a stylist, a mentor, and a warden. And then there's my fiance....a whole other story there!
I love what I do but feel under appreciated most of the time. Some days are longer than others, and to kill time I sit on the computer and pretend I have important business to attend to. I also enjoy a nice glass of wine and a sedative from time to time.
My fiance is a tattoo artist and he's gone for about 10 hours a day, leaving me and the kids and taking the only car we have, forcing me to find fun ways to fill their days. Usually I just let them watch tv, but occasionally I will take them to the park or we'll bake a cake or something like that. I'm not a very hands-on mom, but I'm a damn good one anyway. I like to joke about what I do, but in a very sarcastic, some-people-may-not-get-it way.
So I'm going to break out the wine, and a percocet, and have a toast to myself and my new blog..which I know will be a roaring success! Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog!

    byHisgrace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, LOVE that we'll be hearing from you in better detail!!

    Cute pics and adorable spawn.

    Lizzie Beth from Flylady

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOUR AIDAN AND THE VACUUM HAD ME LAUGHING SO LOUD THAT MY SPECIAL NEEDS SON IN THE OTHER ROOM ASKED HIS FATHER TO HAVE ME LAUGH SOME "MO"...SO SHOWED MY HUSBAND THE VIDEO AND HE SMILED AS WELL...I'M SUPPOSED TO BE STUDYING....THANKS FOR THE LAUGH! DIANA

    ReplyDelete