Saturday, November 29, 2008

Damn Judy!

Well, the shopping was actually really fun. We got to Wal-mart at like 4:30 or so and got in line in the front of the store and waited. 15 minutes later the manager comes outside and says "okay, these doors will not be opened until the OTHER line gets in". That's when we realized there was a line on the side of the building that wrapped around the entire side parking lot. Naturally, we were upset. The three of us moseyed our way over to the other side and tried to just blend in and walk in with the front of the over line, but this worker named Judy pulled Diana (sister-in-law) and myself out of the line, somehow Carol (mother in law) was able to get past. I actually started arguing with this Judy chick, she was saying how it wasn't fair that those people had waited so long and we were just butting in...and I said "well, we've been waiting too, nobody told us they weren't going to open the front doors"...I never back down from a good argument! Anyway, she told us to go to the back of the line and actually followed us most of the way! I asked why he was doing that and she said it was because she knew as soon as she turned her back we were gonna butt in line again. She was right, of course, but with her watching us so closely we had to wait at the end of the line. Anyway, by the time we got in there Carol was waiting for us with her whole list in her arms, she had gotten everything she wanted before most people even got in the door! Love it!!! It had helped that the day before she hid a bunch of stuff in the fake plants in the fabric dept....
You should have seen these people, where was the Christmas spirit? Seriously! Pushing and shoving, not to mention TONS of people walking around looking like zombies in their flannel pajama pants. We waited in line for over an hour just to check out. Oh, and on the way we passed good ol' Judy. I said "hey Judy, we got everything we came for!" and she goes "good! see what happens when you wait in line like you're supposed to?" and Diana quips "nope, that's what happens when my mom runs in before you notice her!". We had a good laugh. If I wasn't me, and I was standing behind me in line that day, I would have hated me! But, seeing as I AM me, it was awesome!

1 comment:

  1. the exact reason why i will never do the black friday thing with Carol and Diana. i can't do it. i would of looked for a line. why would there not of been one. so yeah i would of waited in line with everyone else and just acted like i didn't know any of you. funny how Carol left you guys to get in trouble while she went in though.

    ReplyDelete